The goal of Alder Geotechnical Services is to provide simple and clear engineering solutions to landslide, foundation and retaining wall problems. We are one of the few engineering firms in Portland specializing in assisting homeowners, nonprofit housing groups and developers of smaller commercial and industrial projects.
Geotechnical services we provide include:
• Landslide evaluations and design of repairs
• Foundation crack and settlement evaluations
• Real estate transaction evaluations for buyers and sellers
• Landslide hazard and slope stability evaluations
• Design of foundation underpinning
• Geotechnical investigations for new buildings, additions and retaining walls
• Insurance claim evaluations
John Cunningham, P.E., G.E., is the owner of Alder Geotechnical Services. He started the company in 1996 after serving for five years as geotechnical manager of a 20-person geotechnical and water resources engineering firm in Portland. John has been a consulting geotechnical engineer since 1984. He received his Masters of Science degree in geotechnical engineering from The University of Texas in 1984 and his Bachelors of Science degree in civil engineering from Washington State University in 1980. He is a registered geotechnical engineer in Oregon and a registered professional engineer in Washington, Oregon, and California.
When you hire Alder Geotechnical Services, you get full-time principal involvement and clear, friendly communication from an experienced and common sense engineer that cares about your project.
3910 NE 10th Avenue | Portland, OR 97212 | Office 503-282-7482 | Mobile 503-504-4675